Monday, February 16, 2015


Winter Break Activity Essay
           
            During this winter break my main focus was working out and maintaining a strict diet. A week prior to the break I signed up to Wilfit, a gym I had gone to during summer break. I established a workout routine, a diet regimen, and a strong morale to maintain my strict schedule. My primary focuses were my upper body: to gain muscle on my biceps, triceps, deltoids, chest, back and abdomen. My diet consisted mostly of low fat and low-carbohydrate foods, such as chicken breast, lean beef, Greek yogurt, and a lot of bananas.
            ON the first week of break I had long sessions of weight lifting. I was very eager and excited to work out and see some results by the end of break. After  the first few days, I began to feel sore, fatigued, and tired. I also started to crave the foods I tried to stay away from. To keep myself disciplined to the regimen, I watched inspirational videos that featured successful bodybuilders who had impressive bodies. Also, at times when I craved restricted foods I ate fruits and protein bars to reduce the desires, and satisfy by sweet tooth. After a short period of difficulty in adjusting, my body began to adapt to the new habits I developed. I no longer felt tired, fatigued, or lazy. My regimen also helped me to complete my school assignments and other studies quickly and efficiently. My determined mindset I had toward exercising and restricting myself applied to my studies as well. I was able to stay focused and keep myself from becoming distracted, and also endure the hours at the desk both physically and mentally. Thus, my routine not only helped me physically, but also mentally, allowing me to establish a strong mindset that would benefit me significantly for the upcoming semester.
            Toward the end of the break I noticed changes on my physique and my strength. I was able to lift heavier weights and my body fat had reduced, enough for me to notice visually. For each muscle area, I was able to lift around 5 to 10 pounds more. This was a significant improvement and I felt proud of my achievements. These results encouraged me to stick to my regimen even after break was over. I purchased dumbbells, a workout mat, an abdomen wheel, and a stretch band to continue working out at home. I also established a workout routine and a diet that I would adhere to after school started. I wanted to continue having the same mindset I had during break in order to readjust myself back into the school schedule. I wanted to finish my assignments, homework, and studies quickly and efficiently for the new semester.            

            My commitment to the gym and my regimen have turned out to be a success. I benefited significantly from my persistence to stick to my diet schedule and workout routine, in that I was able to apply the same type of perseverance to my homework and studies. The determinism and tenacity I maintained during the break resulted in physical results, including bicep, triceps, deltoids, chest, back, and abdomen muscle gains. I plan to do the same for the upcoming breaks, and maintain my workout routine and diet regimen throughout the school year. By adhering to strict schedules, it would make studying and finishing homework much more efficient and productive. During the three weeks I learned that physical exercise enhances not only our physical health, but our mental health as well. For the first time I was able to feel the importance of exercise and its significant in everyday life, including school.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent well developed descriptive essay. Good use of examples and analysis in breaking down your winter break by allowing us a glance at your thoughts throughout the duration of your break. Very inspirational content. Because of you I will now engage in becoming the world's strongest man. Although you maintained a good flow throughout the essay, a bit more content outside of fitness may have been substantial. Great essay and I will see you at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete